Survey. Help us improve vPOP PRO

@Dr_Konrad_Kolman , @Dr_pierre_brun , @Dr_Alexis_Bilmont , @Dr_dr_robinson , @Dr_Ewen_Blaikie , @Dr_Rhys_Hayward

Hi.
Thank you all for your feedback.

Looks like multi view / split screen is a popular request. I am a designer working on vPOP and would like to understand more how you would use split screen.

• Would multiple views be useful during the planning process? i.e You could have two X-ray images open and be able to plan on both at the same time.
  • Multiple views on a second display or monitor to view during surgery?

I know you are busy but if you could describe your use-case it would be very helpful?

• Describe how a split view would fit into your workflow
  • Is there other software where this works well for you?

Thank you so much for your time and feedback, it is invaluable!

Thanks,
Stuart.

Would like to see additional Synthes-DPS implants added to templates. The 1.5mm. adaptation plates, newer distal femoral plates etc.

Hi Stuart,
having two windows/split screen, on both of which all of the tools and implants can be utilized at the same time, would be incredibly useful - not only for student teaching and resident training, but also for client education. vPOP is second to none for showing clients what the plan is, but needing to move back and forth between windows seems confusing to many of them. Having this functionality would also eliminate the need for an assistant to switch between views during surgery. We use this feature in our standard PACS all the time (but it doesn’t let me plan).

1 Like

HI Ursula, thank you for taking the time to feedback. Multiview is proving a popular request and we are now scoping the project. Stay tuned… Would an additional option to have all windows scaled one : one be helpful? How many windows would you need as a maximum- 4? Cmd N ( next) and Cmd P ( previous) may be helpful in the interim to navigate between slides.

Thank you for taking the time to feedback. You can find the Synthes Distal Femoral Plates under category DFO , and the 1.5 adaption plates under Synthes’ first category- please make sure you are running the latest version of vPOP to see them . We are in contact with DPS -could you please list what is missing beyond these and we will definitely see what we can do ! Best

It would be awesome if you had an “auto calibrate image” button. The computer would be able to recognize that you have a calibration marker and ask to verify that it is 2.5 cm… etc. That way we wouldn’t have to zoom in and encircle the marker manually.

yes that would be great

My suggestions:

• Split screen, I will look how it works on easyimage, you can have as many images opened at the same times in several different configurations (1:1, 1:1:1, 1:2, 2:2, etc)
  • Auto calibrate (detect marker and calibrate according, similar to how easyimage does)
  • Integrate TPLO rotating chart so we can directly have an image with the desired rotation, initial TPA and expected post-op TPA
  • Possibility to import custom plate profiles

can you add a new item? perhaps include alps or prcl plates as a new implant option or maker as bluesao?, in addition to the option of molding the plates as it happens in the implant technique.
Likewise, I think it would be useful to have the cortical and locked screws in their different sizes.
I hope an update like this can be made.

Good day Alejandro, a pleasure to hear from you. Kyon ALPS plates are already in vPOP PRO ® -which codes are missing from Kyon? Please ask your implant manufacturer to get in touch - we respectfully charge a fee to manufacturers to cover the cost of redrawing their artwork to the level of detail that you see in vPOP PRO ®. Screws are something that we are considering including, but their lengths can be determined by simply measuring a line from the plate to their required trans or monocortical depth and their gauge size is determined by the plate that has been chosen by the user. For Standalone screws used without a plate such as headless compression screws, we have included those , however we are aware that lag screwing with a cortical screw, or using a locking screw as stronger option for a humeral condyle placement due to its superior Area Moment of Inertia is currently not catered for . The short answer is yes, screws will be a future addition likely next year , and potentially plate contouring, but they will be after some very exciting projects that we are currently working on for our surgeon colleagues that will save you time…. Kind regards

It would be nice to be able to change the orders of the cases. It is nice to more the order of the rads within cases, but to move the most active case to the top of the q would be convenient.

If this is an option, I cannot figure out how to do it

Thank,
cw

Would be convenient to have a preset option for the text; ie-instead of having to edit the original TPLO template, it would be easier to be able to create my own personal preset template.

Also would be nice to be able to transfer cases across between accounts. I hold a personal account and also use an employers. Would be great to be able to transfer between them for referencing outside of work or in the future.

Hi,

Do you have any update re looking into plate contouring as an option in VPop?
Would be a helpful feature.

Thanks

Ian

Second this suggestion