PLEASE READ THESE DISCOURSE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING vPOP® DISCOURSE
These Discourse Terms tell you the rules for using vPOP® Discourse.
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area.
- Who we are and how to contact us
- By using vPOP® Discourse you accept these Discourse Terms
- Using vPOP Discourse
- Content standards
- Our Intellectual Property Rights
- How we may use your content
- Suspension or Termination of your access to Discourse
- Third Party Content and Links available on vPOP® Discourse
- Personal Data
- Your Representations and Warranties
- Our liability
- Maintenance of vPOP® Discourse
- General Terms
- We may make Changes to these Discourse Terms
These Discourse Terms include a number of important provisions that affect your rights and responsibilities such as your agreement to cover VetSOS Education Ltd for damages caused by your misuse of the vPOP® Discourse site (paragraph 13), the disclaimers against VetSOS Education Ltd’s liability to you (paragraph 14), and the limits on VetSOS Education Ltd’s liability to you (paragraph 15).
Please be aware that the vPOP® PRO App is a pre-operative planning application for veterinary surgeons. Under no circumstances shall VetSOS Education Ltd be liable or otherwise responsible for the decisions taken by, or the surgical skill of, the user of the vPOP® PRO App, the outcome of any surgical operations undertaken after using the vPOP® PRO App or any damage to the user’s patients.
When you browse this website, use vPOP® Discourse, visit our social media pages or purchase the vPOP® PRO App, the service provider is VetSOS Education Ltd of Column House, London Road, Shrewsbury SY2 6NN (referred to as “VetSOS Education Ltd”, “we”, “us” or “our” in these Discourse Terms).
If you have any questions about these Discourse Terms, you can reach us using the following details:
- Email address:email@example.com
- Postal address: Column House, London Road Shrewsbury SY2 6NN
These Discourse Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use vPOP® Discourse. By accessing or using vPOP® Discourse, you confirm that you accept these Discourse Terms and that you agree to bound by and to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these Discourse Terms, you must not use vPOP® Discourse.
You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access vPOP® Discourse through your internet connection or your registration are aware of these Discourse Terms and other applicable terms and conditions set out below, and that they comply with them.
You must be 17 years old or older to subscribe to the vPOP® PRO App. Only registered subscribers to the vPOP® PRO App may submit material and comments on the discussion forum of vPOP® Discourse.
- choose an email address for your subscription that you frequently access as we need to be able to contact you;
- keep your password confidential; and
- keep you registration subscription information up to date.
You must not:
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate another person.
- Use as a username the name of another person or entity, a name that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trade mark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you without appropriate authorisation or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
- Disclose your password to anyone else.
- Allow anyone else to use your account
- Use anyone else’s account.
You are responsible for everything done using your account. If you suspect that someone else may be using your account and password you must promptly contact us using the above contact details.
You may close your account at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following provisions survive the end of our agreement: 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15 and 16.
You must not:
- use all or any part of vPOP® Discourse for commercial purposes without our prior consent in writing.
- use the vPOP® Discourse forum to gather addresses or other personal data for commercial mailing lists or databases.
- automate access to vPOP® Discourse, or monitor vPOP® Discourse, such as with a web crawler, browser plug-in or add-on, or other computer program that is not a web browser. You may crawl the forum to index it for a publicly available search engine if you run one.
- download or otherwise copy, store, make available, distribute, sell or offer to sell (whether directly or indirectly) all or any part of the content, files or data from vPOP® Discourse.
- show any part of vPOP® Discourse on other websites with
- disable, avoid or circumvent any security or access restrictions of vPOP® Discourse.
- strain infrastructure of vPOP® Discourse with an unreasonable volume of requests, or requests designed to impose an unreasonable load on information systems underlying vPOP® Discourse.
- make reports accusing third parties of abusing their use of vPOP® Discourse where such reports are false or malicious.
- view and listen to content available on vPOP® Discourse for personal non-commercial use.
- occasionally print individual webpages on vPOP® Discourse for your private non-commercial use, provided that such printing is not substantial or systematic and our trade marks, copyright notices and corporate identification are not removed.
- only play video or audio files using the media player on vPOP® Discourse.
If you require any further information on permitted use, please contact us using the contact details above.
You may only submit comments or material to vPOP® Discourse (“Your Content”) that is original. Your Content must not copy or otherwise plagiarise from any source.
You must not submit comments or material on vPOP® Discourse that in our sole opinion:
- is defamatory, libellous, tortious, malicious, threatening (to any person, place, business or group), harassing, offensive, abusive, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, physical disability; sexual orientation or age), blasphemous, racist, indecent, obscene or of a sexual nature, violent, false, misleading, is likely to cause a third party harm, distress or anxiety or is otherwise inappropriate;
- is likely to promote activity that is illegal, violent or dangerous;
- is likely to encourage hatred due to race, religion or sexual orientation;
- is in breach of confidentiality obligations or other agreements that you have with others;
- contains personal information that identifies another person or otherwise breaches another person’s privacy rights;
- violates or infringes the intellectual property rights of third parties such as copyright and trade mark rights. Without limiting the foregoing, Your Content must not include third party trade marks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork or sculptures;
- could prejudice any pending legal proceedings of which you are aware;
- causes, or to your knowledge is likely to cause, technical problems for vPOP® Discourse or the vPOP® Pro website such as, without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted data or other malicious software;
- advertises or promotes third party products or services;
- impersonates another person or otherwise misrepresents your identity, affiliation or status;
- constitutes a criminal offence, encourages or teaches conduct that is a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability or is otherwise unlawful.
Your Content must not include reference to or images of identifiable third parties who have not expressly authorised in writing use of such reference or image.
In the comments and material you submit to Discourse you must not include links to other websites.
You must not re-submit to vPOP® Discourse content that you are aware has been removed from vPOP® Discourse.
Intellectual Property Rights, including but not limited to, copyright, in the vPOP® Discourse site, (including in the Frequently Asked Questions page and the discussion forum (excluding Content provided by you and other users)) and trade marks (both registered and unregistered) remains the exclusive property of VetSOS Education Ltd.
You remain solely responsible for Content you submit to the vPOP® Discourse forum. You agree not to wrongly imply that the Content you submit to the vPOP® Discourse forum is sponsored or approved by VetSOS Education Ltd.
We may, at our sole discretion, publish, edit or remove all or part of the comments or other material that you submit on vPOP® Discourse. This includes removing your name, address or other words which may identify you and removing any material that in our opinion does not comply with our Content Standards as set out in section 5 above. We are not obliged to do any of these things and we may, in our sole discretion, elect not to do so.
Copyright in Your Content is retained by you. By submitting comments and other material on vPOP® Discourse, you automatically grant to VetSOS Education Ltd and its group companies, successors and assigns, a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable and assignable, licence to use, copy, edit, publish, reproduce, translate, create derivative works from, make available, communicate and distribute Your Content (in whole or part) and to incorporate it in other works in any form or media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose that we deem, in our sole discretion, appropriate, including, without limitation, in marketing and promotional materials and seminars and forums relating to the vPOP® PRO App.
You acknowledge that you shall not be entitled to any credit, consideration, notice or payments of any kind in relation to the licence granted pursuant to the above paragraph.
To the extent permitted by law, you waive your moral rights, including the right to be identified as author whenever Your Content is published, the right to object to derogatory treatment of Your Content and the right not to have copies of Your Content issued to the public. Accordingly, you agree that we can:
- Continue to publish all or part of Your Content, even if you change your mind and want us to remove it and even if you cease to be a registered subscriber to the vPOP® PRO App.
- Remove Your Content even if you have not breached these Terms or our Website Terms and Conditions.
- Use all or part of Your Content in promoting the vPOP® PRO App and our services – for example, using a screenshot showing Your Content or part of Your Content in our advertising and our instructional videos and other promotional, educational and instructional/guidance materials.
- Edit Your Content and publish only part of it or an amended version of it without recognition that Your Content was provided by you.
Others who receive Content you submit to the vPOP® Discourse forum may violate the terms on which you license your Content. You agree that VetSOS Education Ltd will not be liable to you for those violations or their consequences.
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to vPOP® Discourse constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
VetSOS Education Ltd may investigate and prosecute violations of these Discourse Terms to the fullest legal extent. We may notify and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting violations of the law and these Discourse Terms.
VetSOS Education Ltd reserves the right to change, redact and delete content on the vPOP® Discourse discussion forum for any reason.
If you reasonably believe someone has submitted content to the forum in violation of these Discourse Terms, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
If we reasonably believe that you have breached these Discourse Terms or for any other reason, we may restrict, suspend or close your account and terminate your access to vPOP® Discourse at our sole discretion.
If we suspend or terminate your access to vPOP® Discourse, you must not attempt to submit content (for example by using a third party’s subscription details) during such period of suspension or termination.
We are not liable or responsible for third party content on vPOP® Discourse. Third party content includes comments posted by users. Such comments and materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on vPOP® Discourse do not represent our views or values.
Where vPOP® Discourse contains links to other sites and resources, which are provided by third parties, such links and resources are provided for your information only and you access and use them at your own risk. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or of the information you may obtain from them. We have no control over and are not liable or responsible for the content, privacy policies or practices of third party sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that VetSOS Education Ltd shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such third party web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites or services that you visit.
When you use vPOP Discourse we may collect information using cookies or similar technologies. Cookies are small files of data that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the website again, so it can recognise you. This allows websites to tailor what you see on the screen.
vPOP Discourse uses some essential cookies to ensure you get the best experience on vPOP Discourse. Without the use of these cookies, part of the vPOP Discourse website would not function. We do not collect any personal information in our cookies or share them with third parties.
By submitting Your Content, you represent and warrant that:
- Your Content is original to you, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trade marks and rights of privacy, and will not violate any law, regulation or government ordinance.
- You have secured the required consent from any third party referenced or portrayed in Your Content and will, upon request from us, provide written proof of the third party’s consent; and
- You have the right to grant the licence set out in the third sub-paragraph of paragraph 6 above.
You agree to indemnify VetSOS Education Ltd from legal claims by others related to breach of these Discourse Terms by yourself or by others using your account on the vPOP® Discourse discussion forum.
If you violate any of the representations and warranties you have made and as a result a use by VetSOS Education Ltd or its group companies, successors or assigns (“VetSOS Parties”) of Your Content or part of Your Content causes VetSOS Parties to be liable to any third party, you agree to indemnify VetSOS Parties and their officers, employees and agents from and against all damages, costs, judgments and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, which the VetSOS Parties incur as a result of use of Your Content.
Both you and VetSOS Education Ltd agree to notify the other party of any legal claims for which you might have to indemnify VetSOS Education Ltd as soon as possible. If we fail to notify you of a legal claim promptly, you won’t have to indemnify VetSOS Education Ltd for damages that you could have defended against or mitigated with prompt notice. You agree to allow VetSOS Education Ltd to control investigation, defence and settlement of legal claims for which you would have to indemnify us, and to cooperate with those efforts. VetSOS Education Ltd agrees not to agree to any settlement that admits fault for you or imposes obligations on you without your prior agreement.
The information contained on vPOP® Discourse including, without limitation, the discussion forum and the Frequently Asked Questions page, is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice. Information and materials uploaded by other users of the Discourse discussion forum have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on vPOP® Discourse do not represent our views or values.
You should check any information on vPOP® Discourse and use your own judgment before taking action (or electing not to take action) on the basis of information on vPOP® Discourse.
You accept all risk of using vPOP® Discourse and content on vPOP® Discourse. As far as the law allows, VetSOS Education Ltd and its suppliers provide vPOP® Discourse as is, without any warranty whatsoever.
Except in the case of fraud, we are not liable for:
- any action you may take or not take as a result of relying on any information provided on vPOP® Discourse or for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you taking or not taking this action;
- any dealings that you have with third parties that take place using or facilitated by vPOP® Discourse;
- the content uploaded onto vPOP® Discourse by third parties;
- any losses which are not a foreseeable or likely consequence of your use of vPOP® Discourse or a breach of these Discourse Terms;
We are not responsible if you cannot access vPOP® Discourse properly or at all by reason of any event outside our control.
We cannot guarantee that vPOP® Discourse will be error free, available all the time and free from viruses. We are not liable for any such faults.
As far as the law allows, the total liability to you for claims of any kind that are related to vPOP® Discourse or content on vPOP® Discourse will be limited to fifty pounds sterling (£50.00).
Notwithstanding the above, nothing in these Discourse Terms will affect any liability we may have for death or personal injury arising from our negligence or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
You accept that from time to time your use of vPOP® Discourse and/or access to the servers may be disrupted while we undertake to fix bugs, install updates, carry out general maintenance and conduct emergency maintenance of vPOP® Discourse. We will have no liability to you for such disruption or lack of access.
VetSOS Education Ltd welcomes your feedback and suggestions for vPOP® Discourse. You may get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree that VetSOS Education Ltd will be free to act on feedback and suggestions you provide, and that we will not have to notify you that your feedback was used, get your permission to use it, or pay you. You agree not to submit feedback or suggestions that you believe might be confidential or proprietary to you or others.
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us on email@example.com.
These Discourse Terms, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims concerning the use of vPOP® Discourse) are governed by the laws of England.
Subject to any applicable consumer legislation, the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes concerning these Discourse Terms, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims concerning the use of vPOP® Discourse).
Severability: If any part of these Discourse Terms is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, the remainder of these Discourse Terms will remain valid and enforceable to the extent permitted by law.
Assignment: You may not assign your agreement with VetSOS Education Ltd. Any attempted assignment against these Discourse Terms has no legal effect. We may assign your agreement to any affiliate of VetSOS Education Ltd, any other company that gains control of VetSOS Education Ltd , or any other company that buys assets of VetSOS Education Ltd related to vPOP® Discourse. We will always notify users of any assignment in writing on https://discourse.vpop-pro.com.
Waiver: Neither the exercise of any right under these Discourse Terms, nor waiver of any breach of these Discourse Terms, waives any other breach of these Discourse Terms.
VetSOS Education Ltd reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Discourse Terms, at any time. We will post all updates to vPOP® Discourse. Where updates contain substantial changes we will announce such updates with special messages or alerts on vPOP® Discourse.
It is your responsibility to check these Discourse Terms periodically for changes. If you continue to use vPOP® Discourse following the posting of amended Discourse Terms, you will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the amended Discourse Terms which will govern your further use of vPOP® Discourse. These Discourse Terms were most recently updated on 17th September 2021.